Are You Paying Too Much for Your Phone System and Not Getting the Kind of Features You Actually Need?
You need to be able to stay connected to your customers, suppliers, and vendors. Many times email just doesn’t cut it. Increasingly even small and medium-sized businesses realize they need the features of a big phone system, but the prices for these systems keep going up.
It seems like phone services just get more and more expensive, and what do you actually GET for all that money? A voicemail box, a few extensions, maybe call display? It’s not worth it. Time to switch to VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) business phones.
- VoIP phones use the Internet instead of traditional phone lines, so they operate at a VASTLY more affordable price, and they offer all sorts of high-end business functions without extra cost.
- Customize your VoIP solution to your heart’s content. Get as many or as few extensions and services as you want, and pay only for those you need.
- Access your VoIP network via the cloud, anywhere, anytime. Use it on your office phones, at home, or on an app on your smartphone. It’s the same network wherever you go, always running, always reliable.
Save Your Money with VoIP Services
Not only is your monthly bill going to be lower with a VoIP network, but it’s also easy to customize your solution to take advantage of high-end business features and extra extensions without crazy extra fees.
- If you host your VoIP network yourself in-office, you pay up front for the initial technology, and save tons on your service afterward. If we host it for you, you pay a simple flat-rate monthly fee for the service. Either way, you’re not paying out the nose to your old phone company.
- There are no charges for long-distance calling with VoIP. Call anywhere in North America for free. Plus, you only pay for the services and extensions you need, and nothing more.
Get More from Your Phone Service
A lot of big-name corporations take advantage of PBX phone systems with tons of extra features, extensions, conference bridges, etc. etc. And that’s great, but EXPENSIVE when you get it from a traditional phone company. Our VoIP solution gives you more for less.
- VoIP networks are accessible from anywhere you can access the Internet, so you’ll be able to use the same phone lines in the office, at home, or on your mobile devices (or even on someone else’s computer in a pinch!).
- We keep the interfaces for your VoIP network user-friendly and simple, and we’ll make sure you and your staff know how to use all its capabilities.
- All the advanced business-class features you could want are easily available from VoIP without crazy extra costs, including: PBX (Private branch exchange) capabilities, Conference calling, Automated phone attendants, Desk-to-desk calling, Music-on-hold, and more.
Our featured VoIP Solution - 3CX
3CX is a software based PBX which runs on mainstream operating systems, and works with SIP standard based IP Phones, SIP trunks and VoIP Gateways to provide a full PBX solution – without the inflated cost and management headaches of an ‘old style’ PBX. Used by more than 30,000 companies globally, 3CX has been recognized for its innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Easy Installation and Management
Are you looking to replace your company’s outdated PBX? With 3CX there is no need to worry about management and installation.
Through the easy to use management console you can:
- Create, edit and delete extensions and DIDs.
- Upgrade IP Phone Firmware.
- Reprovision & reboot IP phones remotely.
- Import or delete all contacts at once.
Deploy On-premise or Cloud: The Choice is Yours
With 3CX, deployment of your PBX is straightforward and flexible. Whether you choose to set up in the Cloud or on-premise, 3CX offers a solution for everyone.
- Use the PBX Express tool to deploy your free Cloud PBX, in minutes.
- Select from a range of mainstream cloud providers such as Google, OVH, Amazon, 1&1 and many more.
- Jump aboard the PBX Express and benefit from the 1 year Free Edition License offer.
- The free Edition License includes: 8 simultaneous calls (up to 25 extensions), 1 SIP Trunk and 5 web conferencing participants.